They call it the Davy Crocket and it’s a tailgater’s best friend. The portable pellet grill not only cooks well but is technologically advanced. It can be yours just by visiting our Accessories department and being entered to win. So, if you’re near Fairview and Cloverdale stop and and see how you can sign up–I see a brisket in your future. Here’s some more information to wet the palate.
“The Davy Crockett model is the ultimate portable grill. It comes with a digital WiFi controller (control and monitor through our iOS or Android mobile application), a meat probe, a peaked lid for rib racks, a convenience tray with utensil hooks, and Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which constantly monitors grill temperature. The grill can run on 12V or 120AC so it’s perfect for home or camping, tailgating, hunting, house-boating, music festivals or anywhere you can take it! The Davy Crockett weighs 68 pounds and features fold-able legs so that it can be easily placed in the trunk of any car. Open flame technology grease trays are optional and can be purchased in our parts section.”
How it works:
- The digital controller controls the internal temperature by managing pellet flow.
- A motor turns the auger which feeds pellets, into the Firebox.
- A hot rod in the firebox ignites the pellets and a combustion fan keeps them burning.
- A fan inside the the pellet hopper maintains positive pressure, preventing burn-back in the hopper.
- When they meet, these two air flows create the ultimate wood-burning fire, circulating pure hardwood smoke throughout the grill.